Technology is ever evolving process which constantly benchmarks itself.
Upgrading your skill is need of the hour. Technologies which ruled 2018 are listed below, not necessarily in chronological order.
- Artificial Intelligence
- AR & VR
- Cloud Computing
- Angular and React js
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Intelligent Apps (I-Apps)
- Big Data
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
- Artificial Intelligence (AI): AI is a technology which is present starting from your wearable gadgets to your home appliances and many more like banking sector etc.
AI was in existence before we could not even think of internet but it got the power when it was driven by processed data and compute power backbone.
- Blockchain : Blockchain is a technology which was created to boost bitcoins, a parallel currency which has taken the world by storm.
The potential of blockchain is such a huge that it has become a backbone for health care sector, electoral process, real estate, banking system to law enforcement.
This technology is based on analysis of data.
- Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality (AR & VR): Today, Perception is reality. So, Virtual is new real now-a-days.
AR & VR, both technologies allow you to experience the existence of things in virtual.
Augmented Reality is very much used in medical treatments to practice surgery in a controlled environment.
Virtual Reality on the other hand helps to open new avenues for gaming and interactive marketing.
- Cloud Computing: To simplify the computing process, cloud computing came into existence.
Honestly speaking, most of the other technologies are thriving just because of proliferation of cloud computing.
This technology is here to stay for longer period of time.
- Angular js and React js: There are many Java Script based framework but the most in demands are Angular.js and React.js
Angular.js and React.js are Java Script based frameworks to create modern web based applications.
React.js and Angular.js allow you to add new features in your existing modular web app without any hassles.
It allows you to create native mobile applications and it has open source library with highly active community support.
- DevOps: To tell the truth, DevOps is not a technology but a methodology.
This methodology ensures that both the development and operations go hand in hand.
It is very much instrumental in
- Automating infrastructure
- Work flows
- Continuously measuring application performance
It is a process of continuous improvement and benchmarking.
Popular tools used in DevOps are Git, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Docker, Stack etc.
- Internet Of Things (IoT): Internet of Tings has become an integral part of technology ecosystem and has grown well within itself.
IoT helps in creating a virtual network by connecting many devices for seamless execution.
IoT helps in gathering and sharing data over a controlled environment in a giant network of connected devices like mobile phones, refrigerator, washing machines and many devices.
With the help of IoT, we can build smart cities with optimized traffic system, efficient waste management and energy use etc.
- Intelligent Apps (I-Apps): Intelligent Apps are pieces of software code written for mobile devices based on artificial intelligence and machine learning technology. It helps in making day to day tasks easier.
The primary functions of intelligent apps involve tasks like organizing and scheduling meetings, prioritizing emails, logging interactions, contents etc.
Some examples of I-Apps are chatbots and Virual Assistant.
- Big Data: Managing data is a huge task and very painful as well.
Big Data resolves the problem associated with processing and storing different types of data.
Today, most of the big companies rely on big data analytics to gain insight about their customer, product research, marketing initiative and many more things.
Such a precision of Big data is that it helped Germany to win the football world cup.
Hadoop and Spark is the two most popular frameworks for solving Big Data problems.
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA): In Today’s world, things are moving fast and all the big companies are working to cut the expenses incurred on repetitive jobs and trying to automate it.
Robotic Process Automation allows to automate the repetitive tasks to minimize the time and manage it efficiently. Moreover, we don’t need to write any code to automate repetitive tasks.